Subject: Re: bug#52232: 29.0.50; Can scroll horizontally with pixel-scroll-precision-mode

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 09:36:52 +0800

Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:

>> 
>> Could you tell me what happens when you run describe-key and swipe
>> sideways on your touchpad?
>
> It gives <wheel-right>:
>
>   <wheel-right> at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <double-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>   <wheel-right> (translated from <triple-wheel-right>) at that spot runs the command mwheel-scroll
>
> Thanks,
> Yuan

Then the problem is not in pixel-scroll-precision-mode, I think.

I did some work on NS mouse wheel handling a few days ago.  Could you
update and try again?  Thanks.