Subject: Re: bug#52232: 29.0.50; Can scroll horizontally with pixel-scroll-precision-mode

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 14:53:45 +0800

Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:

>> On Dec 5, 2021, at 9:14 PM, Po Lu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> My bad, I actually tested with pixel-scroll-precision-mode off. When I
>>> turn the mode on, the situation has not changed, slowly scrolling
>>> horizontally still does’t scroll. Tested on emacs -Q on latest master
>>> on a Mac just as before.
>> 
>> Do you mean that horizontal scrolling doesn't work?  What happens if you
>> hold down shift and move the mouse wheel vertically?
>> 
>> Thanks.

> The window scrolls horizontally, but it is not pixel-scroll.

I'm afraid we might be miscommunicating: Emacs currently doesn't expose
pixel-level horizontal scrolling to Lisp code, so it isn't possible to
have pixel-based horizontal scrolling.

Is the problem you're experiencing that pixel-scroll-precision-mode
doesn't work when scrolling _vertically_ when the window is hscrolled
(which is what I thought you meant), or is it that horizontal scrolling
is not pixel-based?

The latter is currently unsupported, but the former should work now.