Subject: Re: bug#52231: 29.0.50; pixel-scroll-precision-mode conflicts with scroll-margin

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 11:20:01 +0200

> CC’ing Po Lu (is this the right way to notify someone on debbugs?)

Yes, this is the right way to notify someone while replying to the
existing debbugs report.

But CC’ing causes problems only when creating a new bug report.
For a new bug report, please see admin/notes/bugtracker:

  ** How do I report a bug?
  Use M-x report-emacs-bug, or send mail to [email-masked].
  If you want to Cc someone, use an "X-Debbugs-Cc" header (or
  pseudo-header, see below) instead.

and

  iii) If you want to Cc someone, use X-Debbugs-Cc: (note this only
  applies to _new_ reports, not followups).

and

  ** How do I reply to an existing bug report?
  Reply to [email-masked], replacing 123 with the number
  of the bug you are interested in.  NB this only sends mail to the
  bug-list, it does NOT send a Cc to the original bug submitter.
  So you need to explicitly Cc him/her (and anyone else you like).
  (This works the same way as all the Emacs mailing lists.  We generally
  don't assume anyone who posts to a list is subscribed to it, so we
  cc everyone on replies.)

and

  ** When reporting a new bug, to send a Cc to another address
  (e.g. [email-masked]), do NOT just use a Cc: header.
  Instead, use "X-Debbugs-Cc:".  This ensures the Cc address(es) will get a
  mail with the bug report number in.  If you do not do this, each reply
  in the subsequent discussion might end up creating a new bug.
  This is annoying.  (So annoying that a form of message-id tracking has
  been implemented to hopefully stop this happening, but it is still
  better to use X-Debbugs-Cc.)

There is more information about this in the same file.