Subject: bug#52222: 27.2; invalid formatting in edebug-set-consitional-breakpoint interactive history

From: Петров Андрей <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 13:58:32 +0000

Hello!

The following test reproduces the error:

1. Instrument some function for debugging
2. Goto any line inside that function and set conditional breakpoint using strings in expression:
  M-x edebug-set-conditional-breakpoint RET (equal some-var "SomeString") RET
3. Set a conditional breakpoint again using interactive history:
 M-x edebug-set-conditional-breakpoint RET [up]
 I see 
    (equal some-var SomeString)
 i.e. SomeString turned into a symbol instead of string.
 This possibly may happen because of using prin1 instead of print during formatting history entries.

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.27, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-03-26 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101001
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
No UD enum found for xs:int (Exponent) [2 times]
No UD enum found for xs:string nil
No UD enum found for xs:int DefLogSize [12 times]
No UD enum found for xs:string nil [26 times]
No UD enum found for xs:string DefHostProtocol
No UD enum found for xs:string nil [13 times]
No UD enum found for xs:int nil [12 times]
No UD enum found for xs:string nil [7 times]
Symbol's value as variable is void: DefAppProtocol
Back to top level

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-wide-int
 --with-modules --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail mule-util grep compile vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher tabify
man rect pulse xref project timezone eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe dabbrev debug pp cus-edit help-fns radix-tree cl-print rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok edebug backtrace
js imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs tree/tree-node misearch multi-isearch rx
org-element avl-tree generator cl-extra help-mode ol-eww eww mm-url
thingatpt url-queue ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnir gnus-sum
shr svg xml dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval ol org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gnutls network-stream url-http mail-parse
rfc2231 url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap gogs/jira-inpas parse-time iso8601 org-table org-keys org-compat
advice org-macs format-spec gogs/crucible gogs/git-inpas pcase
gogs/git-submodule vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring sh-script smie executable dired dired-loaddefs
leuven-theme paren gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search time-date mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit elec-pair time cus-start cus-load edmacro kmacro
windmove info cl package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib cyril-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 954941 143718)
 (symbols 48 31241 2)
 (strings 32 137849 43532)
 (string-bytes 1 5275115)
 (vectors 16 246328)
 (vector-slots 8 2410766 113058)
 (floats 8 294 373)
 (intervals 56 80093 244)
 (buffers 1000 65))