Subject: Re: bug#52218: Unable to define more than one R7RS library per file

From: Sam Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 02:55:33 +0000

On 2021-12-01 11:00 +0100, Linus Björnstam wrote:
> This is in line with the limitations of guile's R6RS implementation. I
> think this is a long standing, low priority bug. It has to do with the
> expansion of library (or define-library in this case) not properly
> resetting the current module.
>
> In the manual there is a section called "R6RS incompatibilities" that
> mentions this. Maybe an "R7RS incompatibilities" should be added.

Hi Linus,

There already exist a page in the manual about "Incompatibilities with
the R7RS" [1]. Perhaps a paragraph similar to that found in the R6RS
incompatibilities page should be added to the R7RS incompatibilities
page. Something like this:

"Multiple @code{define-library} forms in one file are not yet supported.
This is because the expansion of @code{define-library} sets the current
module, but does not restore it.  This is a bug."

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/R7RS-Incompatibilities.html