Subject: bug#52209: 28.0.60; [PATCH] date-to-time fails on pure dates

From: Bob Rogers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 17:14:36 -0500

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
   Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 13:21:54 +0100

   Bob Rogers <[email-masked]> writes:

   > Here's what I have for this phase of the plan; let me know what you
   > think.  It took longer than expected because it became a project unto
   > itself, and so my procrastinator kicked in, making it longer still.  :-/

   :-)

   Have you benchmarked your new implementation versus the current one?
   It's important that the parsing is performant, otherwise it'd slow down
   many things that parse a large number of date strings.

No benchmarking; I will do that presently.

   Some minor comments about the code:

   > +(defsubst ietf-drums-date--ignore-char? (char) . . .

   In Emacs Lisp, we don't use Scheme-style predicate names -- we use -p
   instead . . .

   And the same with booleans -- we don't use foo? for those, but just foo.

OK.

   ================
   From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
   Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 14:03:55 +0100

   On Feb 19 2022, Bob Rogers wrote:

   > +  (or (eq char ?\ ) (eq char ?\t) (eq char ?\r) (eq char ?\n) (eq char ?,)))

	(memq char '(?\s ?\t ?\r ?\n ?,))

Good eye; I had been adding to that set incrementally, so I missed the
forest for the trees.

					-- Bob