Subject: bug#52205: Allow configuring multiple mail accounts for smtpmail.el

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 19:20:54 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Let's say I open a mail buffer with C-x m.  My default address is
>> inserted into the "From:" header. If I were to write my message, and
>> then decide to use my secondary address, I would either have to modify
>> the X-Message-SMTP-Method manually, or have it updated just before the
>> message is sent out.  The former is no improvement over the current
>> situation, and the second has the same potential for confusion, because
>> the user doesn't notice that the header is generated or updated.
>
> Or we could add a command like `message-update-smtp-method-header' and
> people could call that (or add it to their hooks) after altering their
> From (or whatever) headers.

So if the mechanism is supposed to be kept general (instead of just
checking the From header), how would this differ from the already
existing message-send-mail-hook?

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic