Subject: bug#52195: closed (Re: bug#52195: Mouse scrolling is very slow under pgtk if open pixel-scroll-precision-mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 03:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#52195: Mouse scrolling is very slow under pgtk if open pixel-scroll-precision-mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52195: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52195
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52195: Mouse scrolling is very slow under pgtk if open pixel-scroll-precision-mode
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Vitaly Ankh <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 11:23:03 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for the report.  I tried to fix it, please test again.

The reporter has replied off-list that the bug has been resolved, so I'm
closing this bug report.

Subject: Mouse scrolling is very slow under pgtk if open pixel-scroll-precision-mode
From: Vitaly Ankh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:54:28 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
  I compiled the pgtk branch of GNU emacs. After launching it and opening
pixel-scroll-precision-mode, the mouse scrolling became very slow. I
need to scroll much more
cycles to scroll down the page. If I disable
pixel-scroll-precision-mode, the mouse scrolling will
be normal.

The output of `pkexec libinput list-devices` is attached.
The following is the information about my running emacs.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-11-30 built on rex
Repository revision: d15dafeefb58fc521186385a1a703f7f660f2f6b
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-pgtk --enable-link-time-optimization --with-native-compilation
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -flto
 -fuse-linker-plugin -flto -fuse-linker-plugin'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map
text-property-search time-date seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib china-util
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 71222 8823)
 (symbols 48 6801 0)
 (strings 32 20592 2193)
 (string-bytes 1 693748)
 (vectors 16 14838)
 (vector-slots 8 360002 14972)
 (floats 8 23 38)
 (intervals 56 242 0)
 (buffers 992 10))

VitalyR