Subject: Re: bug#52174: [PATCH] gnu: Add podman

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 19:11:41 +0100

Hi,

Timmy Douglas <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> from guix build:
>>>
>>> ============================================================================
>>> Testsuite summary for crun UNKNOWN
>>> ============================================================================
>>> # TOTAL: 73
>>> # PASS:  9
>>> # SKIP:  28
>>> # XFAIL: 0
>>> # FAIL:  36
>>> # XPASS: 0
>>> # ERROR: 0
>>
>> There are 36 failures though; does ‘test-suite.log’ show more details?
>
> Maybe my original reply wasn't clear--they all pass when I cd into the
> tmp (--keep-failed) directory and run them manually. They fail when the builder runs
> them. I think I put the reasons in the v3 patch. For crun, it's because
> it needs the /sys/fs/cgroup mount which doesn't seem to be there for the
> builder. For the others, it's a similar situation--off the top of my
> head, they were either missing that mount or a /dev device.

Oh I see.  I pushed v3 as 637dec9d45db4df2a3e6aa565fa2c5cf6bb77768 with
minor tweaks (long lines and one or two synopses/descriptions tweaked.)

IWBN to see if we can still run those tests somehow, or at least the
subset of them that doesn’t rely on /sys/fs/cgroup.  I’d argue that the
test harness should automatically skip tests that cannot be run; perhaps
worth raising upstream?

Thanks!

Ludo’.