Subject: bug#52173: `ś' character not available using `C-x 8'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:44:01 +0100

Tor Kringeland <[email-masked]> writes:

> Names like these are common to write in English now, which
> is why I think `C-x 8' is so convenient, for producing, say, "Bölmer" or
> "Fløgstad" without having to switch to a German or Norwegian input
> method.
>
> Of course if you do write some text in Polish it'd be cumbersome to use
> `C-x 8' all the time and you ought to use a relevant input method (and
> cycling through input methods for multilingual writing is a very nice
> idea).
>
> The usage cases here are distinct, in my mind.

Yup.  So I think adding more things to iso-transl-char-map is fine (as
long as we don't go totally overboard).

I.e., I think we should add things here as people request them.  

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no