Subject: bug#52173: `ś' character not available using `C-x 8'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:43:34 +0100

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

> Except C-x 8 is nominally based on ISO 10646, so thereʼs some kind of
> underlying logic to the characters it supports.

In what way it it based on Unicode?

>     Lars> Adding `C-x 8 ' s` for instance, wouldn't get in the way of anything
>     Lars> else, but would be helpful for those that have to write the
>     Lars> occasional...  er...  what is it?  An s with a caron?  
>
> s with acute. But there are input methods where 's => s with cedilla
> (eg Romanian), so what's the logic for preferring Polish, especially
> when we already have Polish/Czech/Romanian/latin-n methods etc for all
> these characters?

I wasn't aware that there was any kind of logic to the `C-x 8' map
except "well, that's nice".  😀

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no