Subject: [bug#52165] [PATCH core-updates-frozen 0/2] Add KAlgebra.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 13:03:53 -0500

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 03:29:30AM +0000, Vinicius Monego wrote:
> Em dom, 2021-11-28 às 21:55 -0500, Leo Famulari escreveu:
> > On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 04:54:32PM +0000, Vinicius Monego wrote:
> > > Vinicius Monego (2):
> > >   gnu: Add analitza.
> > >   gnu: Add kalgebra.
> > 
> > Thanks for the patches.
> > 
> > Will they work on the master branch or do they require something from
> > core-updates-frozen?
> 
> They may work on the master branch but I only tested on core-updates-
> frozen.

The packages do build on the master branch. Unless they require
something that only exists on core-updates-frozen, we should introduce
new packages on the master branch.

I noticed that analitza doesn't keep a reference to eigen:

------
$ guix gc --references $(./pre-inst-env guix build --no-grafts analitza)
/gnu/store/01b4w3m6mp55y531kyi1g8shh722kwqm-gcc-7.5.0-lib
/gnu/store/a0dn3jlq6862mcngzyw0lkcks066pcam-qtsvg-5.15.2
/gnu/store/a2ngdffc2133m5a211f42pyhypcbr9qa-qtbase-5.15.2
/gnu/store/dk7l3sn0wchyddgl7r2ka80zzwzhfm02-qtdeclarative-5.15.2
/gnu/store/f98v0niqzjm0lfl3zpf7qi538j3kf76j-analitza-21.08.3
/gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31
------

Can you check if it is actually able to use the functionality provided
by eigen at run-time? Do we need to pass some flags to the linker or
something? Is eigen used only while building? Etc...

Similar question for kalgebra regarding kdoctools and ncurses. The built
package does not refer to these inputs.