Subject: [bug#52162] [PATCH] gnu: subversion: Add --enable-plaintext-password-storage flag

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 09:15:48 +0100

I’ve read the discussion that ends with an email[1] by Nathan 
Hartman expressing support for enabling the feature but disabling 
it by default in configuration.  Hence I think it would be 
reasonable to wait for a new release addressing it.  In the 
meantime users can define their own package variant with this 
configure flag added.

It doesn’t need to be changed in Guix itself, because this only 
affects users of the package, not other packages that have 
subversion as an input.  So it’s enough to add a new leaf package. 
As a compromise I think it would be acceptable to add a separate 
subversion-plaintext (or whatever) package variant, which will be 
superseded by the official subversion package as soon as a new 
release is made.

[1] 
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/202110.mbox/%3cCAJT2EHr7wBfMdg0df7hEnv9+JedcjRkFCzP+q21=[email-masked]%3e

-- 
Ricardo