Subject: Re: bug#52146: [PATCH] gnu: Update tiramisu

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 23:13:15 -0500

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 01:02:42PM -0500, Justin Veilleux wrote:
> Hi, this is a patch to update tiramisu to the new vala rewrite.
> 
> 
> I initially sent this email to the wrong address. Sorry for the
> inconvenience.

> From 0f3b0b1e3678ed96560316ee0cfb8764c0b9b562 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: terramorpha <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 12:42:11 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: tiramisu: Update to 2.0.
> 
> * gnu/packages/gnome-xyz.scm (tiramisu): Update to 2.0.

Thanks for the patch!

> -  (let ((commit "8eb946dae0e2f98d3850d89e1bb535640e8c3266")
> +  (let ((commit "cdfdec29fd140fa516f2daaad7959c8575ebf91c")

I noticed that the upstream developers have tagged a release
2.0.20211107 based on this commit:

https://github.com/Sweets/tiramisu/releases/tag/2.0.20211107

In Guix, we prefer to use version numbers or tags over commits.

So, I made the package use this tag rather than the Git commit, and
pushed as 38ea869b201192a5b2791da3987367a09e1a430b