Subject: bug#52142: closed (Re: bug#52142: 28.0.60; `posn-object-width-height' does not reflect actual dimensions of object when confronted by display string)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 13:14:01 +0000

Your bug report

#52142: 28.0.60; `posn-object-width-height' does not reflect actual dimensions of object when confronted by display string

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52142: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52142
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52142: 28.0.60; `posn-object-width-height' does not reflect actual dimensions of object when confronted by display string
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 21:12:55 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks, fixed.

I think it's OK to close this bug now then.

> Did you try window-text-pixel-size?

No, for whatever reason I assumed it would not work for text displayed
this way.  I will try it.

Thanks.

Subject: 28.0.60; `posn-object-width-height' does not reflect actual dimensions of object when confronted by display string
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 20:00:17 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In Emacs -Q, run M-x report-emacs-bug RET, move point to the message
intended for novices (This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs
mailing list ...), and then evaluate (posn-at-point) there.

The posn-object of the position list will be the display string
containing the entire message, but the posn-object-width-height will
contain the dimensions of the first character of the message, in this
case "T".

Thanks.