Subject: RE: [core-updates-frozen] tcc fails to build

From: Robby Zambito <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 23:26:37 -0500

Hi,

I've noticed tcc seems to be failing for me on the current master branch
of guix (commit b2ae164b211f4da6a3cc5dcb97eeeff3c6c7ebed according to
guix describe).

I tried to see if I could debug the issue, but I've reached the limit of
my knowledge.

The issue occurs on line 168 of tcc_run.c. That function call that is
executed seems to overwrite the memory of s1, which is a struct that
includes a FILE*. Because that FILE* is changed, the later call to
fclose(ppfp) on line 369 of tcc.c causes a segfault, because it no
longer points to a valid FILE.

I have no idea how to start debugging the function call at line 168 of
tcc_run.c, since that is code that has actually been compiled by tcc,
rather than tcc itself (though obviously code that is a part of the test
suite).

I hope we can get this working again.

Thanks,
Robby