Subject: Re: committer.scm wrong type passed to car

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:48:42 +0100

Hi Jack,

> Running the etc/commiter.scm script with the diff of a patch 
> that I
> recently submitted [0] results in the backtrace below. This 
> might be
> because I was holding the script wrong, but it would be nice to
> provide a more friendly message for people like me who don't 
> remember
> how to use it properly.

Thanks for the report!

It’s probably the change in the module header.  When I first wrote 
committer.scm I intended to use it to automate simple package 
updates (for mass updates of CRAN packages).  That never required 
changes to the module header.  I’m sure this can be fixed by 
merely ignoring changes to that form.

-- 
Ricardo