Subject: bug#52126: closed (Re: bug#52126: Problematic characters in info node names)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 01:13:03 +0000

Your bug report

#52126: Problematic characters in info node names

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52126: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52126
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52126: Problematic characters in info node names
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 17:12:22 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hmm, that "(2)" is being added by ox-texinfo.el's to make the node
> unique.  As I mentioned in another message
> (<[email-masked]>), I think these parentheses are probably
> okay, even for older versions of Texinfo.
>
> On the other hand, I have no objections to sidestepping the issue with
> something like this:

Thanks, that looks like a reasonable fix.  None of this seems urgent to
me, so I'd suggest you consider pushing that fix to the Org-mode
repository and we will eventually get it merged into Emacs in the normal
way.

With that, I'm closing this bug as it seems the issues here are resolved.

Thanks.

Subject: Problematic characters in info node names
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 16:24:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

admin/release-process says:

** Manuals
Check for node names using problematic characters:
  find doc -name '*.texi' -exec grep '^@node[^,]*[:.()]' {} +
Sadly makeinfo does not warn about such characters.

Running that gives me some matches:

doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Advanced customization (do-it-yourself)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Per-theme customization settings (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Case-by-case face specs using the
themes' palette (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Face specs at scale using the themes'
palette (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Remap face with local value (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Cycle through arbitrary colors (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Override colors (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Override color saturation (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Font configurations for Org and others (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Configure bold and italic faces (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Custom Org user faces (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Update Org block delimiter fontification (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Measure color contrast (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Load theme depending on time of day (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Backdrop for pdf-tools (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Decrease mode line height (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node A theme-agnostic hook for theme loading (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Note on EWW and Elfeed fonts (SHR fonts)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
doc/misc/org.texi:@node Hooks (2)

However, there are no instructions for what to do about these cases.