Subject: Problematic characters in info node names

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 16:24:15 +0100

admin/release-process says:

** Manuals
Check for node names using problematic characters:
  find doc -name '*.texi' -exec grep '^@node[^,]*[:.()]' {} +
Sadly makeinfo does not warn about such characters.

Running that gives me some matches:

doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Advanced customization (do-it-yourself)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Per-theme customization settings (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Case-by-case face specs using the
themes' palette (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Face specs at scale using the themes'
palette (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Remap face with local value (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Cycle through arbitrary colors (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Override colors (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Override color saturation (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Font configurations for Org and others (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Configure bold and italic faces (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Custom Org user faces (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Update Org block delimiter fontification (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Measure color contrast (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Load theme depending on time of day (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Backdrop for pdf-tools (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Decrease mode line height (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node A theme-agnostic hook for theme loading (DIY)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Note on EWW and Elfeed fonts (SHR fonts)
doc/misc/modus-themes.texi:@node Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
doc/misc/org.texi:@node Hooks (2)

However, there are no instructions for what to do about these cases.