Subject: Re: bug#52126: Problematic characters in info node names

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 05:25:00 +0200

> From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>  [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 22:56:29 +0200
> 
> >> Done for both.  Thank you!
> >
> > You should have only pushed to one of the branches, not to both.
> > Because they are the same changes, right?
> 
> There is a slight difference between them.  The one for the master
> branch has an extra diff hunk which removes a single "(DIY)" from a
> heading.  This is because emacs-28 has version 1.6.0 of the themes while
> master has 1.7.0.

The common part should only be committed to one branch.
Alternatively, the commit to emacs-28 should be marked with the "do
not merge to master" note.  See CONTRIBUTE for more about this.