Subject: bug#52110: closed (Re: bug#52110: match-error exception in /var/log/cuirass.log)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 17:00:02 +0000

Your bug report

#52110: match-error exception in /var/log/cuirass.log

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52110: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52110
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52110: match-error exception in /var/log/cuirass.log
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 17:59:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Maxim,

> Now for the "version-1.3.0" branch, which *does* exist.

The specifications are not removed anymore but can be deactivated. The
following error caused by an inconsistency between the
evaluations/specifications table should then be fixed.

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: match-error exception in /var/log/cuirass.log
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 10:54:42 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

While keeping an eye on the Cuirass log following a manual restart, I
noticed the following exception:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
2021-11-25T16:46:10 fatal: uncaught exception 'match-error' in 'restart-builds' fiber!
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1747:15  7 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7ff1d8758d80 at ic?> ?)
  1752:10  6 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
  1685:16  5 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1780:13  4 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&orig?>)
   2137:6  3 (_ _ . _)
  1747:15  2 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7ff1edc7a750 at ic?> ?)
In cuirass/utils.scm:
   299:22  1 (_)
In unknown file:
           0 (make-stack #t)
ERROR: In procedure make-stack:
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I do not know if this hampers the well functioning of Cuirass as a
whole; but it still busy on:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
2021-11-25T16:52:09 Database worker unresponsive for 5 seconds (db-clear-build-queue).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

After more than 30 minutes.

Thanks,

Maxim