Subject: [bug#52109] [PATCH] gnu: Add unrar-free.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 18:46:38 +0100

Am Mittwoch, dem 04.01.2023 um 15:21 -0500 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> Hi,
> 
> That it is present in Trisquel says a lot about its standing with
> FSDG.
> 
> [...] Guix contains free software packages contributed by its
> contributors, not a curated list of software that have been deemed
> useful or worthy based on the opinions of the Guix
> committers/reviewers.
There are different interpretations of the FSDG.  For instance, the
fact that we are downloading the blobby kernel and patching it is by
some regarded as iffy, but generally regarded as not an issue by Guix
people.  Here, I'm using the point the FSDG raises with regards to
distributions about name confusion and apply it to software.  Now
admittedly, that's a stretch, but one that makes me personally
uncomfortable if I'm told to sign off a commit that introduces such
software for – in my opinion – no good reason.

Cheers