Subject: bug#52102: 29.0.50; Build failure in doc/lispref/display.texi

From: Horst von Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 09:25:28 -0300 (CLST)

Build "make distclean; ./autogen.sh; make install" fails:

/home/vonbrand/tmp/emacs/doc/lispref/display.texi:2055: @group invalid in conte
xt where filling is enabled.
@group ...lid in context where filling is enabled}
                                                  @fi @startsavinginserts @s...
l.2055 @group
             
? 
/home/vonbrand/tmp/emacs/doc/lispref/display.texi:2055: Emergency stop.
@group ...lid in context where filling is enabled}
                                                  @fi @startsavinginserts @s...
l.2055 @group
             
Output written on elisp.dvi (1096 pages, 4170096 bytes).
Transcript written on elisp.log.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: etex exited with bad status, quitting.
make[1]: *** [Makefile:150: elisp.dvi] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/vonbrand/tmp/emacs/doc/lispref'
make: *** [Makefile:1084: install-lispref-dvi] Error 2

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 67, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-11-25 built on localhost.localdomain
Repository revision: d0ea2a87f4d7a1afbe959fe53099222e120e8858
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Fedora Linux 35 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/vonbrand'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils poly-nuweb
easy-mmode polymode derived poly-lock polymode-base polymode-weave
polymode-export polymode-compat advice polymode-methods polymode-core
format-spec polymode-classes eieio-custom wid-edit eieio-base color
reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars finder-inf help-mode info tex-site rx
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 232541 12017)
 (symbols 48 15445 1)
 (strings 32 79643 1856)
 (string-bytes 1 2074650)
 (vectors 16 24683)
 (vector-slots 8 348576 15191)
 (floats 8 118 33)
 (intervals 56 354 46)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                   User #22616 counter.li.org
Departamento de Informatica                    Fono: +56 32 2654431
Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria             +56 32 2654239
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513