Subject: Re: bug#5209: 23.1.90; CC Mode version 5.31.8 does not indent properly when writing new C files

From: Steve Revilak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:17:58 -0500

<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5209>

>First thing, thanks for such a simple and clear bug report.
>
>There is a bug in `c-parse-state', one of the low-level functions in CC
>mode, which generates and changes a cache of brace and paren positions.
>
>Would you apply the following patch, and test it, please.  If anything is
>still wrong, please let me know again.

Alan,

Glad to help, and thank you for the patch.

I applied the patch to lisp/progmodes/cc-engine.el.

Afterwards, I rebuilt emacs with 

   make clean
   make bootstrap
   make install

(perhaps more rebuilding than necessary, but I wanted to make sure
that I was getting a consistent build to test with)

After rebuilding, I repeated my earlier "Steps to Reproduce", and saw
exactly the same behavior that I reported in bug 5209 -- the patch did
not correct the indentation issue.

Sorry for the bad news :(

Steve