Subject: bug#52089: [core-updates-frozen] geeqie fails to launch

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 23:31:31 -0500

Hello,

The failure looks like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ geeqie

(geeqie:6216): Gdk-ERROR **: 23:30:16.057: The program 'geeqie' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 180 error_code 2 request_code 152 (GLX) minor_code 24)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
   variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
Trace/breakpoint trap

$ GDK_SYNCHRONIZE= geeqie

(geeqie:6217): Clutter-CRITICAL **: 23:30:26.345: Unable to initialize Clutter: Unable to initialize the Clutter backend: no available drivers found.
Can't initialize clutter-gtk.
Start Geeqie with the option "geeqie --disable-clutter"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The suggested workaround (geeqie --disable-clutter) works.

Thanks,

Maxim