Subject: 29.0.50; Scrolling aborts "repunctuate-sentences"

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:34:27 +0100

1. Open a longer document containing prose.
2. Type "M-x repunctuate-sentences RET".
3. Use the mouse scroll-wheel to scroll.

Expected:

"repunctuate-sentences" does not abort, like it does not abort when the user types "C-v".

Actual:

"repunctuate-sentences" aborts, making it hard to review the entire document.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5.1 (Build 20G80))
 of 2021-11-19 built on Workstation.local
Repository revision: 5b250ca79b9aeeeea0b521db9645882240f08c9f
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-json --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM
XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_SK.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  corfu-global-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/salutis/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20211105.100/transient hides /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message fortune mail-extr emacsbug sendmail sort
notifications rect sh-script executable preview tex-buf font-latex
tex-mode shell holidays hol-loaddefs cal-move cus-edit cus-start
cus-load lisp-mnt mm-archive gnutls network-stream url-http url-gw nsm
url-cache url-auth mhtml-mode css-mode smie color js imenu cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs sgml-mode facemenu latex latex-flymake tex-ispell tex-style tex
texmathp citar-org org-id citar crm citar-file vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs consult-vertico consult recentf
tree-widget org-timer org-duration bug-reference flymake-proc flymake
project warnings image-file image-converter disp-table char-fold
orderless cursor-sensor paredit edmacro kmacro bbdb bbdb-site timezone
modus-vivendi-theme modus-operandi-theme modus-themes which-key corfu
vertico marginalia pdf-loader diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
diminish yasnippet hl-todo finder-inf ox-md org-clock oc-csl citeproc
citeproc-itemgetters citeproc-biblatex citeproc-bibtex parsebib
citeproc-cite citeproc-subbibs citeproc-sort citeproc-name
citeproc-formatters citeproc-number rst compile citeproc-proc
citeproc-disamb citeproc-itemdata citeproc-generic-elements
citeproc-macro citeproc-choose citeproc-date citeproc-context
citeproc-prange citeproc-style citeproc-locale citeproc-term f
citeproc-rt citeproc-lib citeproc-s s let-alist queue dash ox-odt
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda
org-refile ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox savehist ls-lisp
cap-words superword subword saveplace autorevert filenotify
display-fill-column-indicator delsel elfeed-link elfeed-show
elfeed-search elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log xml-query
bookmark pp elfeed-db elfeed-lib vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt
speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message yank-media rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs
ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi cl-extra org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol rx
org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func help-mode cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs tex-site info package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 5995936 694971)
 (symbols 48 49095 4)
 (strings 32 433864 33616)
 (string-bytes 1 14218195)
 (vectors 16 156951)
 (vector-slots 8 5763997 310836)
 (floats 8 562 545)
 (intervals 56 267593 25563)
 (buffers 992 136))

-- 
"Logic is a science of the necessary laws of thought, without which no employment of the understanding and the reason takes place." -- Immanuel Kant, 1785

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia

[he/him]