Subject: Re: bug#52082: 29.0.50; Scrolling aborts "repunctuate-sentences"

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 10:47:54 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> If you are asking for a new feature, which would allow scrolling
> during query-replace commands, then maybe it would make sense, I don't
> know.

Could be as useful as in isearch.  Maybe it could be implemented
similarly or reuse that code?

For the record: binding mouse keys in `query-replace-map' like

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(dolist (key `([,mouse-wheel-down-event] [,mouse-wheel-up-event]))
  (define-key query-replace-map key #'mwheel-scroll))
#+end_src

does _not_ work, because lookup in that map by the current code is
performed like

(lookup-key [(down-mouse-5
             (#<window 62 on *scratch*> 1587 (1115 . 228) ...))])
  --> nil

i.e. what is currently looked up is an event, not a key.

Michael.