Subject: Re: bug#5208: 23.1.90; M-x gud-gdb: Tab Completion Produces Spurious Ctrl-M Characters

From: Dmitry Dzhus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:03:31 +0300

Steve Revilak wrote:

> Nick,
>
> Thanks again, and I understand your position.  Over the holiday, I'll
> try to figure out where the ^M's are coming from, and see if I can
> develop a patch.  I've never done serious debugging of Emacs lisp, but
> I'm sure it will be a good experience for me.  I'll also have a look
> at gdb 7.0

In order to make gud-gdb compatible with Apple's GDB, I assume that
perhaps `gud-gdb-fetch-lines-filter` function needs to be changed a
little bit. If Apple's GDB simply appends ^M to every line of `complete`
command output, then it should be possible to just strip these symbols
out.
-- 
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru
む