Subject: Re: bug#52074: 29.0.50; Add key binding for find-library

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 08:20:46 +0100

Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was just wondering if to anyone other than me it would make sense to
> have a default key binding for find-library. This is something I use
> regularly to explore the source code of built-in features and external
> packages to understand more about them.

Yes, it's a useful command, so perhaps we should have a default binding
for it.

> In my init.el, I have this setting:
>
> (keymap-global-set "C-h C-l" #'find-library)
>
> I picked this key binding for mnemonic reasons (h -> help, l ->
> library) and because 'C-h C-l' seems to be unbound in emacs -Q.

Hm...  Finding a library isn't exactly a help command, so I think it
would be somewhat confusing to put it there.  But I don't have a good
suggestion for where to put otherwise.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no