Subject: 29.0.50; Add key binding for find-library

From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 07:54:25 +0100

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if to anyone other than me it would make sense to have a 
default key binding for find-library. This is something I use regularly to 
explore the source code of built-in features and external packages to understand 
more about them.

In my init.el, I have this setting:

(keymap-global-set "C-h C-l" #'find-library)

I picked this key binding for mnemonic reasons (h -> help, l -> library) and 
because 'C-h C-l' seems to be unbound in emacs -Q.

What do you think?

-- 
Manuel Uberti
www.manueluberti.eu

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.18, cairo 
version 1.16.0)
  of 2021-11-24 built on hathaway
Repository revision: d112c75f53c690e6f13ec3b340dbc384425bb04d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12009000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   electric-pair-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   global-so-long-mode: t
   global-subword-mode: t
   subword-mode: t
   windmove-mode: t
   winner-mode: t
   global-company-mode: t
   company-mode: t
   envrc-global-mode: t
   envrc-mode: t
   fido-vertical-mode: t
   icomplete-vertical-mode: t
   icomplete-mode: t
   fido-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   window-divider-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7.0.20211105.10020/transient hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail mail-utils completion dos-w32 find-cmd grep
find-dired eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe shortdoc help-fns
radix-tree hl-line ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs add-log log-view
pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc pp vc-git diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher noutline
outline easy-mmode checkdoc lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr dired-x dired dired-loaddefs view
elec-pair flymake-proc flymake compile text-property-search comint
flyspell ispell goto-addr jka-compr cursor-sensor thingatpt find-func
time-date modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes delight comp comp-cstr
warnings cl-extra help-mode savehist so-long cap-words superword subword
windmove winner company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
fileloop generator xref project ring company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb company pcase envrc
inheritenv ansi-color icomplete ibuf-macs rx delsel info tex-site
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 288911 46166)
  (symbols 48 18679 1)
  (strings 32 60963 4075)
  (string-bytes 1 2148371)
  (vectors 16 30316)
  (vector-slots 8 561302 16807)
  (floats 8 188 703)
  (intervals 56 677 0)
  (buffers 992 15))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
www.manueluberti.eu