Subject: Re: bug#52073: remove Google support from GVFS?

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:38:45 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 24.11.2021, 12:33 -0500 schrieb Leo Famulari:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 06:00:15AM +0100, raingloom wrote:
> > I'd love to say it's because I want the package to be more in line
> > with libre software guidelines, but honestly I just don't want
> > WebKitGTK as a transitive input. A few weeks ago I had to remove
> > GVFS from my system because WebKitGTK was failing to build.
> 
> Can you explain the connection between libre software guidelines
> (FSDG), GVFS, and WebKitGTK?
> 
> If the problem was simply that the WebKitGTK package was broken for a
> few days, I'm sorry, that was my mistake.
Note that WebkitGTK is still broken on i686 (bug#51863).  I could take
some time out of my weekend to fix the issues I raised w.r.t. that
patch or we could apply it as-is (though note that hasty as-is
applications have not worked out too well for us in the recent past). 
I'm not sure whether raingloom is on i686 or x86_64, just wanted to
point that out.

Cheers