Subject: Re: bug#52068: [PATCH] [core-updates-frozen] gnu: libostree: Build with libsoup 2.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 01:08:04 -0500

Hello John!

John Kehayias <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> libostree should be built with libsoup-2 (doesn't support libsoup 3
> currently) to have HTTP support. This was noticed due to Flatpak
> updates failing with "This version of ostree was built without libsoup
> or libcurl, and cannot fetch over HTTP". In the build log of ostree
> (eg https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1775196/log/raw ) you can see that
> it will report no HTTP backend with libsoup 3, but properly shows
> libsoup when libsoup-2 is provided as an input as in this patch.
>
> I've checked libostree builds and that Flatpak built with this version
> successfully can download over HTTP. Thanks to jackhill on IRC for
> spotting the configuration error of ostree when we both hit the
> Flatpak update bug.

Neat, thanks for taking care of it.  Pushed as
93d1f8e5fc78bd82e8920d25b3e52a2d22528c17, and I updated libostree to
4d41c3beefa44d0ec30aa7108bc3979aa95c15e0 in the following commit.

> (Also, I added my copyright line as I forgot it on earlier Flatpak
> updates around the p11-kit workaround and version updates.)

Perfect!

Happy hacking,

Maxim