Subject: Re: bug#52063: 28.0.60; Confusing presentation of lambda

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 21:59:42 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 14:46:04 -0500
> 
> >> >From where I sit, the problem is one of habit.
> > There's nothing wrong with habits, and there's no reason to fight
> > habits of others, even if you don't share them.
> 
> What I'm saying is that you are annoyed by the (closure ...) thingy
> mostly because you're used to seeing (lambda ...) rather than because
> there's an actual problem with the (closure ...) itself.

And that is strange because?...  I want to see the code I wrote, not
some strange transformation of it.

> IOW if it had always behaved that way, you wouldn't be bothered by it.

This kind of arguments lead nowhere useful.  It smells of disrespect
to dissenting opinions, which I'm sure you didn't intend.

I'm annoyed by this misfeature.  If it means nothing to you and
others, so be it.