Subject: Re: bug#52063: 28.0.60; Confusing presentation of lambda

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 15:15:47 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 13:51:56 +0100
> 
> > What I want to see is my lambda, the one I put in the hook.
> 
> But you put a closure on your hook, not the lambda.
> 
> (lambda () 1)
> => (closure (t) nil 1)

Where do you see something like the above in my recipe?  The recipe
was:

    (add-hook 'mail-mode-hook
	      #'(lambda () (setq flyspell-generic-check-word-p
			         'mail-mode-flyspell-verify)))

AFAIU, this adds a function to the hook.  And the function is not a
constant 1, it has some code.

And please bear with me, I'm NOT teasing Emacs.  I'm REALLY confused
here.  It's a good-faith bug report about confusion.  I added an
anonymous function to the hook, but Emacs says I added a closure.
WTF?

Btw, this comes from my ~/.emacs, so the problem is not limited to
evaluation in *scratch*.