Subject: Re: bug#52053: 29.0.50; Nonsensical button "C-x C-f" in scratch buffer

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 14:55:15 +0000

>> 4. Let-bind help-link-key-to-documentation to nil around the calls to 
>> s-c-k to indicate that the calls to help-mode--add-function-link should 
>> be skipped.  ISTM that this is not generic enough, if in six months we 
>> had another similar feature it would be necessary to let-bind two 
>> variables around calls for non-*Help* buffers, and so forth.
>
> I think the best solution is to change the default value of 
> help-link-key-to-documentation to be nil, and then bind it to non-nil in 
> Help commands.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what additional feature you have in mind and 
> how such an additional feature could be related to this discussion. So 
> please elaborate on that part.
>

I have no idea what that feature could be, but the 
help-link-key-to-documentation feature was added a month ago, and 
substitute-command-key is rather complex, so I can very well imagine that 
a new help-frobnicate feature could be added in a not too far future.