Subject: bug#52051: [core-updates-frozen] cannot login ('org.freedesktop.login1' service times out)

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 21:12:59 -0500

Hello,

Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've found a workaround: restarting elogind via SSH resolved the issue.
>>
>> I guess itt may be a race between elogind and dbus-system (elogind gets
>> started before dbus-system is fully up, and the communication with the
>> session bus is somehow crippled from there?).
>
> Does this happen with other login managers on your system, like LightDM?
> The thing is that elogind depends on dbus-system, so I'm not sure there
> should be a race there.

I have the same problem using GDM on that machine :-(.

I'll try poking the dbus session manually using dbus-send, or the Scheme
API for it under (guix build jami-service).

Thanks!

Maxim