Subject: Re: Various Program Settings not Saving and Icons not Recognized

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 20:33:40 +0100

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 02.12.2021, 02:10 +0000 schrieb Jaft:
> I had noticed that the core-updates-frozen branch had been merged so
> I upgraded but found things pretty much the same as before.
Please come back, you're within the wrong timeline.

> I saw an old patch (
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=e311ef4f87f7ad8db2114e5f89961eea0240893b
> ) and, while I'd checked rofi for gdk-pixbuf+svg – before –, –
> somehow – it made me think to check librsvg, this time, and found
> that it was using gdk-pixbuf, rather than gdk-pixbuf+svg. I then made
> a package inheriting librsvg but using gdk-pixbuf+svg, instead, and
> made a package which inherited rofi but used my librsvg package and,
> with that installed, rofi worked with .svgs, then.
> 
> Am I right in assuming librsvg ought to be using the latter, as the
> library deals directly with handling SVGs? If so, I can put together
> a patch to submit.
Have you checked using gdk-pixbuf+svg as input to rofi directly?  I
don't see why we would have to go in circles for librsvg, the component
you're trying to use is gdk-pixbuf.

Cheers