Subject: bug#52044: Various Program Settings not Saving and Icons not Recognized

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 06:20:10 +0100

Hi,

Am Montag, den 29.11.2021, 04:01 +0000 schrieb Jaft:
> The issue seems to be that icons such as Papirus and Delft aren't
> using their own folders; instead, they seem to be using Adwaita's
> (maybe via the gnome-icon-theme package?). I think the images I'd
> attached better demonstrate the situation than I can, with words;
> some of the icons in the icon selection window show the right icons
> for the theme while other ones (namely the folders) default to the
> ones in the Adwaita icon theme.
> 
> It seems, to me, like possibly an issue with the icon themes,
> themselves? I'm not sure why it would but it's not an issue with the
> Adwaita icons, themselves; they load fine. It's the other icons which
> aren't using their full range of icons and are, instead, defaulting
> to another icon theme for some of their icons.
> 
> I…couldn't say why (unfortunately…) but it seems more to do with the
> other icon themes and less with the Adwaita icons, themselves.
Themes can inherit from another, i.e. default to another theme's icons
when some icon is not provided.  This might be a GNOME vs. XFCE thing,
but Delft's coloured folder icons work fine on the former.  You might
want to check upstream whether they do in fact support XFCE.  It could
however also be related to the SVG situation; if those folders only
exist as SVGs and they're not supported, chances are that a fallback
will occur as well.

Cheers