Subject: Re: bug#52030: [PATCH] gnu: Add feather font

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 22:40:29 +0100

Hi,

Jaft <[email-masked]> skribis:

> For some reason, I only remembered the part of the documentation that says you can submit the patch in the body of the E-mail but, double-checking my memory, it definitely also lists being able to send the patch as an attachment. I'll start doing that as others have mentioned mangling, as well.
>
> * gnu/packages/fonts.scm (feather): Add Feather iconfont by AT-UI

[...]

> +(define-public font-atui-feather
> +  (package
> +    (name "font-atui-feather")
> +    (version "0")
> +    (source (origin
> +            (method git-fetch)
> +            (uri (git-reference
> +                  (commit "c51fe7cedbcf2cbf4f1b993cef5d8def612dec1d")
> +                  (url "https://github.com/AT-UI/feather-font/")))
> +            (sha256 (base32 "0hk12bjlsh0j6kd0sz3nwax259afdi6dxws4x88yz5ssxic1ng2j"))))
> +    (build-system font-build-system)
> +    (home-page "https://at-ui.github.io/feather-font/")
> +    (synopsis "Iconfont version of Feather")
> +    (description "Feather is a collection of simply beautiful icons.
> +Each icon is designed on a 24x24 grid with an emphasis on simplicity, consistency,
> +and readability.  This package bundles those icons into a font.")
> +    (license license:expat)))

I’ve (finally!) committed a tweaked version that includes a ‘version’
field following the guidelines in
<https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Version-Numbers.html>,
also addressing another ‘guix lint’ warning about the origin.

Jaft <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I don't know if it's generally considered poor etiquette to do this but just bumping this E-mail thread, as I believe I've done the required changes and, theoretically, this patch should be all ready to just go.

No, you were right to ping me; apologies for missing your earlier email.

In the future, it’s even more convenient for us if you can send a patch
created with ‘git send-email’.

Thank you, and sorry for the delay!

Ludo’.