Subject: bug#5202 closed by Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#5202: 23.1; Not all buffers showing in Buffers menu bar list)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:05:06 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#5202: 23.1; Not all buffers showing in Buffers menu bar list

It has been closed by Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
5202: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5202
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5202: 23.1; Not all buffers showing in Buffers menu bar list
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bostjan Vilfan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:30:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closed because the OP says it is a problem in his setup.

    Juanma

Subject: 23.1; Not all buffers showing in Buffers menu bar list
From: Bostjan Vilfan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 02:16:55 -0500 (EST)

From: Bostjan Vilfan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 23.1; Not all buffers showing in Buffers menu bar list
--text follows this line--

I have noticed several times that under certain circumstances file buffers do
not show up in the "Buffers" menu bar list. I am not sure I can describe all
circumstances in which this occurs, but one is definitely reproducible:

If I write on the terminal 

emacsclient --no-wait <file 1> <file 2>

only <file 1> is visible in the Buffers list while <file 2> is listed only 
after pressing "List all buffers" (C-x C-b). I might add that the terminal
command "emacsclient --no-wait <file 1> ; emacsclient --no-wait <file 2>"
includes both files in the Buffers list. This behavior persists even if I
invoke emacs with the -q command line option, thus excluding the influence
of my customizations. Even if this behavior is not a bug, in my opinion it
should be changed.

I might add that this exact behavior is observable in the Windows version of
emacs 23.1 as well.

Regards,
Bostjan Vilfan

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i586-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4)
 of 2009-08-14 on build26
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10502000
configured using `configure  '--with-pop' '--without-hesiod' '--with-kerberos' '--with-kerberos5' '--with-xim' '--prefix=/usr' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x' '--with-sound' '--with-sync-input' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-dbus' '--without-gpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--x-includes=/usr/include' '--x-libraries=/usr/lib:/usr/share/X11' '--with-xft' '--with-libotf' '--with-m17n-flt' '--build=i586-suse-linux-gnu' 'build_alias=i586-suse-linux-gnu' 'CC=gcc' 'CFLAGS=-march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89 -pipe -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unprototyped-calls -DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 	 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 ' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--hash-size=65521''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 
<drag-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 
<double-drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 
<drag-mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<tool-bar> <cut> <return> <kp-up> <tab> / / SPC T e 
s t SPC v f o r k <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<buffer> C-e <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <tab> <help-echo> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <tab> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <tab> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <tab> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <help-echo> <mouse-2> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<buffer> C-@ <help-echo> <help-echo> <tool-bar> <kill-buffer> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <buffer> C-@ <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<tool-bar> <save-buffer> <help-echo> <tool-bar> <kill-buffer> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<menu-bar> <buffer> <list-all-buffers> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <tool-bar> 
<kill-buffer> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <tool-bar> <one-window> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<tool-bar> <help>

Recent messages:
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-auto.el (source)...done
Loading utilvilf...done
Mark set
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
OVERVIEW
Auto-saving...done
CHILDREN [3 times]
SUBTREE (NO CHILDREN)
Saving file /home/bostjan/workspace/Test/Test.cpp...
Wrote /home/bostjan/workspace/Test/Test.cpp