Subject: bug#52: FW: [mouse-1 in Customize should respectmouse-1-click-follows-link]

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:28:20 -0700

> Well, it turns out that that is no solution anyway.  If I do 
> that then even the real buttons (the rectangular, raised ones)
> in Customize do not react to mouse-1.
> 
> Sigh.
> 
> Why are links treated the same as buttons in Customize?  
> Maybe that's the question.  Dunno.

I want, as before, links to work only with mouse-2, but buttons and menu items
to work with mouse-1.  It seems that's no longer possible (?).

Using the hook I showed, I can use mouse-2 (only) for links (buttons too,
unfortunately), but it seems that mouse-1 (only) is hard-coded for menu items.
So I can use mouse-2 on the State button to open its menu, but then must switch
to mouse-1 to choose a menu item.

I want to be able to select text normally using mouse-1 and mouse-3 etc.,
including text that is linked.  I want to be able to click mouse-2 (only) to
follow links. I want to be able to use mouse-1 for both buttons and menu items.

This is nuts.  Why is it so messy?