Subject: bug#51993: 29.0.50; [PATCH explanation] Killing emacsclient terminal with `server-stop-automatically' doesn't prompt to save files

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 16:31:27 +0200

> Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:42:18 -0800
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
> 
> Attached is a patch series that explains in more detail how I arrived at 
> the previous version of my patch. This is basically a reconstruction of 
> the steps I took when writing it originally. I'll describe my overall 
> plan and then address the specific comments you had after that. (This 
> might be overly-verbose, but I wanted to put as much detail in as I 
> could in the hopes of addressing all your concerns.)

Thanks, but unfortunately this methodology doesn't make it easier for me to
review the changes.

Personally, I'd prefer to have a single place with the logic of what happens
when the user closes the last client frame or the last frame on a specific
terminal.  But I'd like to make progress in this anyway, at least on master.
So I'm okay with having your code installed on master as it is, if that is
what you prefer.