Subject: bug#5197: 23.1; (elisp) Character Sets

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 13:55:56 -0500

> 1. "The character set `unicode' includes all the characters whose
> Emacs code points are in the range `0..10FFFF'."

> The previous sections in the Non-ASCII major section use decimal
> notation for characters and character ranges. When a character-range
> value is returned from a function and printed by the read-eval-print
> loop, it is written in decimal notation.

> The notation used should be consistent.

I've changed this to use hex throughout (since that is what Unicode
uses).  Thanks.

> 2. Description of `map-charset-chars':
>
> 2a. All that is said about argument ARG is this:
> "The second argument is the optional argument ARG."
> That's useless. It seems not to respect the reader.

If you read properly, this is referring to the second argument passed to
FUNCTION.  I tweaked it a little to make this clearer.

> 2b. "optional arguments FROM-CODE and TO-CODE limit that to the range
> of characters". These should presumably be FROM and TO, not FROM-CODE
> and TO-CODE.

No, the arguments should be FROM-CODE and TO-CODE.  Thanks.