Subject: bug#51964: 29.0.50; Wishlist: It'd be nice with a pull+push command in vc-dir

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 07:59:53 +0100

`+' and `P' in vc-dir-mode are nice, but it means that I have to wait
until `+' is done first.  So what I want is a command that does the
pull, and if there's no conflicts, then do the push.

It seems like this shouldn't be too difficult -- vc-exec-after should be
able to do this somehow.

Or perhaps more generally -- vc-git-pull could have a callback function
that's called after it's done, and it could be called with the status
(success or not) as a parameter?  Then people could write their own
functions to react to the aftermath of a pull.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 17, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-11-18 built on xo
Repository revision: 7a1e5ac8b29b731e89cc9d5b498e31bd90840b9b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no