Subject: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Fallout from 69f1bc43c0

From: dick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 18:35:41 -0500

>From f91206e6d6f56fa2ff6dc018d20f441159f80213 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: dickmao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 18:31:37 -0500
Subject: [PATCH] Fallout from 69f1bc43c0

* lisp/calendar/icalendar.el (icalendar--decode-isodatetime):
Accommodate TZ string in input.  Fragile.
* test/lisp/calendar/icalendar-tests.el
(icalendar-tests--decode-isodatetime):
Apparently, whoever wrote those tests lived in central Europe.
---
 lisp/calendar/icalendar.el            | 14 +++++------
 test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml              |  7 ++++++
 test/lisp/calendar/icalendar-tests.el | 34 +++++++++++++++------------
 3 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/calendar/icalendar.el b/lisp/calendar/icalendar.el
index 2d31101e50..7a483d4062 100644
--- a/lisp/calendar/icalendar.el
+++ b/lisp/calendar/icalendar.el
@@ -644,13 +644,13 @@ icalendar--decode-isodatetime
           ;; seconds present
           (setq second (read (substring isodatetimestring 13 15))))
 	;; FIXME: Support subseconds.
-        (when (and (> (length isodatetimestring) 15)
-                   ;; UTC specifier present
-                   (char-equal ?Z (aref isodatetimestring 15)))
-          (setq source-zone t
-                ;; decode to local time unless result-zone is explicitly given,
-                ;; i.e. do not decode to UTC, i.e. do not (setq result-zone t)
-                ))
+        (when (> (length isodatetimestring) 15)
+          (cl-case (aref isodatetimestring 15)
+            (?Z
+             (setq source-zone t))
+            ((?- ?+)
+             (setq source-zone
+                   (concat "UTC" (substring isodatetimestring 15))))))
         ;; shift if necessary
         (if day-shift
             (let ((mdy (calendar-gregorian-from-absolute
diff --git a/test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml b/test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml
index 096a293b30..d8e012d6a9 100644
--- a/test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml
+++ b/test/infra/gitlab-ci.yml
@@ -241,6 +241,13 @@ test-lisp-inotify:
     target: emacs-inotify
     make_params: "-C test check-lisp"
 
+test-lisp-calendar-inotify:
+  stage: normal
+  extends: [.job-template, .test-template]
+  variables:
+    target: emacs-inotify
+    make_params: "-C test check-lisp-calendar"
+
 test-lisp-net-inotify:
   stage: normal
   extends: [.job-template, .test-template]
diff --git a/test/lisp/calendar/icalendar-tests.el b/test/lisp/calendar/icalendar-tests.el
index 10b684aacb..1551922028 100644
--- a/test/lisp/calendar/icalendar-tests.el
+++ b/test/lisp/calendar/icalendar-tests.el
@@ -1635,26 +1635,30 @@ icalendar-test--format
 
 (ert-deftest icalendar-tests--decode-isodatetime ()
   "Test `icalendar--decode-isodatetime'."
-  (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910-0200")
-                 "2004-09-17T03:09:10+0000"))
-  (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910")
+  (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910-02:00")
                  "2004-09-17T03:09:10+0000"))
+  (let ((orig (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910")))
+    (unwind-protect
+        (progn
+          (set-time-zone-rule "UTC-02:00")
+          (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910")
+                         "2004-09-17T03:09:10+0000"))
+          (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T0509")
+                         "2004-09-17T03:09:00+0000"))
+          (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917")
+                         "2004-09-16T22:00:00+0000"))
+          (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910" 1)
+                         "2004-09-18T03:09:10+0000"))
+          (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910" 30)
+                         "2004-10-17T03:09:10+0000")))
+      (set-time-zone-rule 'wall) ;; (set-time-zone-rule nil) is broken
+      (should (equal orig (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910")))))
   (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910Z")
                  "2004-09-17T05:09:10+0000"))
-  (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T0509")
-                 "2004-09-17T03:09:00+0000"))
-  (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917")
-                 "2004-09-16T22:00:00+0000"))
-  (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910" 1)
-                 "2004-09-18T03:09:10+0000"))
-  (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910" 30)
-                 "2004-10-17T03:09:10+0000"))
-  (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910" -1)
-                 "2004-09-16T03:09:10+0000"))
-
+  (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910" -1 0)
+                 "2004-09-16T05:09:10+0000"))
   (should (equal (icalendar-test--format "20040917T050910" nil -3600)
                  "2004-09-17T06:09:10+0000")))
 
-
 (provide 'icalendar-tests)
 ;;; icalendar-tests.el ends here
-- 
2.26.2

In Commercial Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2021-11-18 built on dick
Repository revision: 857bfcf67d29742fc4e48b54a124564692434bd2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/dick/.local --with-tree-sitter
 --enable-dumping-overwrite 'CFLAGS=-g3 -O2 -I/home/dick/.local/include/'
 LDFLAGS=-L/home/dick/.local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
TREE-SITTER LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ag

Minor modes in effect:
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/dick/gomacro-mode/gomacro-mode hides /home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/gomacro-mode-20200326.1103/gomacro-mode
/home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/hydra-20170924.2259/lv hides /home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/lv-20191106.1238/lv
/home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-3.3.0/magit-section-pkg hides /home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-3.3.0/magit-section-pkg
/home/dick/org-gcal.el/org-gcal hides /home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/org-gcal-0.3/org-gcal
/home/dick/.emacs.d/lisp/json hides /home/dick/.local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/json
/home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.6/transient hides /home/dick/.local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/dick/.emacs.d/elpa/hierarchy-20171221.1151/hierarchy hides /home/dick/.local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy

Features:
(shadow sort footnote mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group mm-url gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win whitespace emacsbug sendmail benchmark
dumb-jump f ag vc-svn find-dired s pulse vc cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs eieio-opt speedbar
ezimage dframe shortdoc help-fns radix-tree cl-print edebug backtrace
icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache zeroconf dbus xml tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp
vc-git vc-dispatcher find-func bug-reference misearch multi-isearch
magit-extras mule-util face-remap magit-patch-changelog magit-patch
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup async-bytecomp async magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files
magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit
message yank-media rmc puny dired-x dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete server magit-mode transient
format-spec paredit-ext paredit subed subed-vtt subed-srt subed-common
subed-mpv subed-debug subed-config inf-ruby ruby-mode smie company pcase
haskell-interactive-mode haskell-presentation-mode haskell-process
haskell-session haskell-compile haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports
haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports haskell-complete-module
haskell-ghc-support noutline outline flymake-proc flymake warnings etags
fileloop generator xref project dabbrev haskell-customize hydra lv
use-package-ensure solarized-theme solarized-definitions projectile lisp-mnt
mail-parse rfc2231 ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm
dash rx grep compile comint ansi-color gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
text-property-search time-date flx-ido flx google-translate-default-ui
google-translate-core-ui facemenu color ido google-translate-core
google-translate-tk google-translate-backend use-package-bind-key bind-key
auto-complete easy-mmode advice edmacro kmacro popup cus-edit pp cus-load
wid-edit emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms emms-compat cl-extra
use-package-core derived hl-line winner ring help-mode finder-inf
json-reformat-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads sml-mode-autoloads
tornado-template-mode-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tree-sitter tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 746046 74703)
 (symbols 48 37026 4)
 (strings 32 144360 9896)
 (string-bytes 1 4744547)
 (vectors 16 98627)
 (vector-slots 8 2528293 96955)
 (floats 8 567 2625)
 (intervals 56 14825 3795)
 (buffers 992 27))