Subject: bug#51944: closed (Re: [bug#51944] [PATCH] Shell2Batch: New Package)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 22:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#51944: [PATCH] Shell2Batch: New Package

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
51944: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=51944
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#51944] [PATCH] Shell2Batch: New Package
From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
To: Jacob Hrbek <[email-masked]>
Cc: david larsson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 23:46:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks for the patch! Pushed to master as
92d6f17dfd449208a657a1a54e3a287ae22d1da8.

I took the liberty to fix some parts of it that didn't correspond to
our standards. Have a look at the packaging guidelines in the manual to
better understand:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Packaging-Guidelines.html

First, I renamed the patch file to rust-shell2batch-lint-fix.patch, so
it starts with the name of the package. I also modified a little bit
your message in the patch, to reference the issue there too, format at
80 lines and simplify the wording. I also added the patch file to
dist_patch_DATA, in gnu/local.mk. Whenever you add a patch file, please
make sure to add a reference in gnu/local.mk. This is necessary for
correctly generating the release tarballs.

Then, I fixed a few things in the package itself: I replaced tabs with
spaces and removed the empty line at the end of the file. I changed the
synopsis a bit so it better aligns with the rest of guix and removed
the period at the end. I also changed the description, mostly to wrap
it at 80 characters.

Finally, I fixed the commit message so it respects our conventions.
You'll find more info in the link above, and a lot of examples in the
git log history.

Some of these issues would have been caught by "guix lint
rust-shell2batch", I encourage you to run it on your next submissions :)

Have fun with guix :D

Subject: [PATCH] Shell2Batch: New Package
From: Jacob Hrbek <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 11:41:45 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

DISCLAIMER: First time packaging things for guix, i have no idea what am i doing aAaAAaAAaAA

WARNING: Fails reproduction, no idea why, help me

-- Jacob "Kreyren" Hrbek

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.