Subject: bug#51930: 27.2; Buffer-local functions? Buffers specified buffer-locally?

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 16:05:10 +1200

On 2022-09-21 14:36, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
>>       Functions specified by the buffer-local value are called ...
>>       Functions specified by the default value are called ...
> 
> Double passive tense? no, thanks.

Well one of those is what's already in the manual.

I personally disagree that the double passive tense is bad here,
but here's another alternative:

  -- Variable: window-buffer-change-functions

      A list of functions called during redisplay when window buffers
      have changed.  Each function takes a single argument.

      For the buffer-local value, each function is called for any window
      showing the corresponding buffer, if that window has been created
      or assigned that buffer since the last time window change functions
      were run.  In this case the window is passed as argument.

      For the default value, each function is called for a frame if at
      least one window on that frame has been added, deleted or assigned
      another buffer since the last time window change functions were
      run.  In this case the frame is passed as argument.