Subject: bug#51930: 27.2; Buffer-local functions? Buffers specified buffer-locally?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 10:42:13 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is a very dramatic description of a problem ("can't make heads or
> tails", "I have no idea what is meant", etc.), so I'm not sure whether
> a simple cross-reference to the documentation of add-hook, which
> explains what is meant by "buffer-local" in this case, will solve the
> problem.  If it will, doing that is very easy.  In fact, I just did.

I think "Functions specified buffer-locally" is an unusual way to say
"the buffer-local value of window-buffer-change-functions" -- if indeed
that's what it's trying to say.  I think rewriting this in a less
passive voice would be a good idea:

---
Functions specified buffer-locally are called for any window showing
the corresponding buffer if that window has been created or assigned
that buffer since the last time window change functions were run.  In
this case the window is passed as argument.

Functions specified by the default value are called for a frame if at
least one window on that frame has been added, deleted or assigned
another buffer since the last time window change functions were run.
In this case the frame is passed as argument.
---

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no