Subject: bug#51927: [External] : Re: bug#51927: 27.2; Rename `highlight-nonselected-windows'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 20:44:46 +0200

> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> CC: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 17:28:35 +0000
> 
> "When Transient Mark Mode is off, immediately repeating this
> command activates 'transient-mark-mode' temporarily."
>         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's immaterial: from the user's POV the mode is still disabled,
once the region is deactivated.  That it is temporarily enabled is an
implementation detail.

So the important part is that the region is active, not whether
transient-mark-mode is on or off.  And that's what I made the doc
string to say.

> There was no such talk of mark activation
> before t-m-mode was added.

So what? the manual now is full of such talk, so denying its
importance is silly and doesn't help users.