Subject: bug#51887: 28.0.60; Gnus use imap.163.com will hang emacs and ran out of memory

From: "Feng Shu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 16:20:07 +0800

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Feng Shu" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> But If no new mail, emacs will hang until run out memory when I into
>> this group, If have new mail, works.
>
> Try (setq debug-on-quit t) and then `C-g' when Emacs hangs, and post the
> resulting backtrace.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
  gnus-uncompress-range((1 . 1320004225))
  gnus-articles-to-read("nnimap+imap.163.com:mail.misc" t)
  gnus-select-newsgroup("nnimap+imap.163.com:mail.misc" t nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group-1("nnimap+imap.163.com:mail.misc" t t nil nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group("nnimap+imap.163.com:mail.misc" t t nil nil nil nil)
  gnus-group-read-group(nil t)
  gnus-group-select-group(nil)
  funcall-interactively(gnus-group-select-group nil)
  command-execute(gnus-group-select-group)

--